Friday, February 14, 2020

Registration of Israeli Divorce Outside Israel

Jeremy Morley

Israel’s Population Registration Law requires Israeli citizens to inform the Population Registry at Israel’s Ministry of the Interior of any change in their personal status. Israeli citizens outside Israel can do so through the Consular Departments of overseas Israeli missions.
This means that if an Israeli citizen who is divorced abroad should notify the Population Registry of the change in status on the required form together with (a) the divorce certificate verified by means of an apostille together with (b) a photocopy of the first page of the spouse’s Israeli and foreign passports (if such exist) and (c) a translation of the divorce certificate if in a language other than English.
Here is the Miami Consulate’s version of the required form: